Temporary Relocation Assistance is becoming one of the insurance industry’s leading providers of temporary housing in the Washington, DC area for policyholders when they suffer property damage to their homes. We have accomplished this goal by recognizing how important it is to take care of the family’s needs during the time of their crisis while also containing, and often times reducing, ALE lodging costs for the insurance company. The single most critical need for the policyholder is to feel safe and comfortable in their living environment while waiting to return back to their home. Our furnished apartments are the best solution in the adjuster’s attempt to provide a “home style” living environment. We have also recognized that the temporary housing must be affordable and must fall within the adjuster’s budget for the ALE allocation for that particular claim. We have streamlined our reservation process (see Insurance Housing Request form) to be claim-specific to ensure that the adjuster accomplishes the cost containment goals. We discuss with the policyholder what their responsibilities are and monitor their scheduled departure date. If the allotted time goes beyond the approved time period, we make sure the adjuster approves the extension.
Benefits of having your policyholders stay in a furnished apartment while their property claim is being taken care of can be viewed from both the adjuster and the homeowner’s point of view.
For more information, please fill out our Insurance Housing Request form
- HELP SAVE TIME AND MONEY. Creation of our unique claim-specific reservation form (seeInsurance Housing Request) allows the adjuster to secure accommodations within their budget and time frame. Additional savings will include a reduction in meals and laundry expenses.
- ONE CALL HANDLES ALL OF YOUR NEEDS. We take care of the details regarding your claimant's temporary housing needs. We contact your policyholder to determine their community location, floor preference, and any unique needs they may have. We make sure the claimant's housing is in the right school district, the bedrooms match their needs, and that the claimant is happy with their furnished apartment.
- THE BEST LODGING SOLUTION FOR YOUR POLICYHOLDER. We recognize that the ALE coverage provides your policyholder the ability to secure “like-kind and quality” living arrangements while their home is being repaired. By providing a fully-equipped kitchen, combined with a washer and dryer in the apartment, we will reduce additional costs incurred for meals and laundry expenses, thus allowing the family to “stretch” their ALE longer to ensure that their home is completely repaired.
- OVER 15 YEARS OF INSURANCE INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE. Our customer service representatives are trained to handle the policyholder’s temporary housing and their unique needs/requests. We understand the nuances of the displaced property claimant and our role with the insurance company. We inform the claimant that they are responsible for long distance, any applicable pet fees, and any damages to the apartment. We also monitor the eventual departure date with the adjuster to ensure a smooth transition back to their home when it is ready to be occupied.
- OUR DIRECT-BILLING APPROACH PROVIDES THE ADJUSTER WITH ONE INVOICE EACH MONTH for the policyholder’s ALE coverage of temporary housing. Our flexible billing system will pro-rate any partial month (both arrival and departure dates) so that the adjuster only pays for the nights that the policyholder stayed in the apartment. We do require a 15-day notice to vacate the apartment.
- WE ARE AVAILABLE 7 DAYS A WEEK, 24 hours a day to handle any type of emergency.
"HOME-LIKE" LIVING ENVIRONMENT instead of an extended stay hotel room(s). While your home is being repaired, our furnished apartment is the best lodging solution for your family. Our fully equipped kitchen allows you to prepare meals instead of having to dine out on a regular basis. With a dining room table in your apartment, your family will be able to eat together in a family environment. The home-cooked meals will save money and allow you to allocate your ALE to other areas of need.